Site Meter

Hits and Misses’

by Kiran on November 1, 2011 · 22 comments

in Asides

My favorite HITS this season:

1. Spending quality time together :)

2. Reminiscing childhood via merry-go-round (i almost went on a ride!)

3. Playing with my godson – aka BFF’s son, Daniel. Love him to pieces. Literally.

4. Copious amount of tea.

5. ME time. It’s necessary. For you too. Just ignore the hideous attempt at manicure! It’s so obvious I am too frugal to visit a nail salon.

6. Two words : Pumpkin + Oatmeal.

7. Unpredictable fall (cool) weather.

8. Baking. Baking. And more baking. Obnoxious amount of cookies and dough consumed in process.

9. If you are into food photography & styling, you need to get this book. Pronto.

10. More baked goods that includes pumpkin. Here’s hoping that I wouldn’t wake up with an orange skin one day. Pray for me :D

My absolute MISSES’s this season:

1. Space Shuttle missions! No more shuttle launches in Florida!!!

2. Copious amount of iced coffee.

3. Summer berries and tooth-aching ice creams.

4. Predictable weather for outdoor activities.

5. Sunshine! I am so predictable.

6. Mid-day snack of chilled yogurt with toppings.

7. Sunshine! Did I just said I miss sunshine twice? Someone, please send help!

Tell me, what are your hit’s and misses’ these days?

p/s: All images were taken via phone using Instagram :)

1 Gayatri November 1, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Hits – Red wine, fall fashion, indoor parties.
Misses – Weather, weather, weather!
Gayatri recently posted..Confessions of a Reformed Stalker

2 Kiran November 5, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Gayatri,
Nice list of hits! I have similar qualms for miss’es :)

3 Saru Singhal November 1, 2011 at 10:03 PM

No hits this season. Misses- Homeland…:(

4 Kiran November 5, 2011 at 12:11 AM

Saru,
Aww.. My hits are reading your poems :) I swear.

5 Chintu Singh November 2, 2011 at 4:42 AM

:) Nothing great for me as yet….Loved the photographs :)

6 Kiran November 5, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Chintan,
Moments doesn’t have to be great – life is spent living every second, at its best :) Thanks for the compliments!

7 Bikram November 2, 2011 at 6:26 AM

manicure :- I thought that was you trying ot show how you will scractch someone he he hehe ok ok sorry bad joke :)

Bikram’s
Bikram recently posted..Whats this – any idea’s

8 Kiran November 5, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Bikram,
I don’t inflict injury. Nope :D

9 its me!!! sharan :) November 2, 2011 at 10:08 AM

I can not write a full post as good as yours here, but I’ll give the top of the table :)
Hits: Finally I am going out everyday for some reasons, I feel fresh air.
Miss: I don’t know I should write this or not but I miss one of my best friend so much that I just feel numb when I am inside my house :(

10 Kiran November 5, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Sharan,
I didn’t write a full post – it was a post filled with photos!
Don’t be sad. I can relate to not having best friends around. Making new friends and indulging in new interests/hobbies can do so much for you. Try it :)

11 Destination Infinity November 2, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Hits: Almost nothing.
Misses: Almost everything.
:D
Yeah, its not my time yet :)

Destination Infinity
Destination Infinity recently posted..Anna Hazareji’s Blog – Anna Hazare Says & Some Quotes from the Blog

12 Kiran November 5, 2011 at 12:59 AM

DI,
Wow, you are an optimist. I think :D

13 sujatha sathya November 2, 2011 at 12:45 PM

wow what an exhaustive & wonderful list with some lovely pics too
sujatha sathya recently posted..Chennai (FINAL)- Some Unforgettable Moments

14 Kiran November 5, 2011 at 1:03 AM

Sujatha,
Thanks honey – its a post, filled with photos and memories :)

15 Adrine November 2, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Hey Kiran! Remember me?? Lovely blog you have here!

16 Kiran November 5, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Hey Adrine,
Of course I remember you – from Shell days ;) How are you doing? Thanks for checking out my space!

17 Aakash @ Love poems November 3, 2011 at 2:21 AM

Beautiful pics, depict some real blithesome moments of your life …
Loved the pic of the lil cutie (Daniel) and of course ice coffee as well :-)
Nothing to really miss except a couple of my BFF’s who ain’t in hometown atm .. Missing some leisure time as well, life has become more hectic since a couple of months :-)
Aakash @ Love poems recently posted..Sleep ..

18 Kiran November 5, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Aakash,
Thanks a lot for the compliments – Daniel’s photo is my favorite too! :)

19 Sunil Deepak November 3, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Even I would like to go on a merry go round, but I am afraid that they won’t let me and say that it might breakdown or something :)

20 Kiran November 5, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Sunil sir,
You are a funny guy :D

21 Carolina HeartStrings November 11, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Hits: cooler, snuggling weather, holiday anticipation Misses: longer days with more light. I loved this post; the pix, the sentiments, the love you and your family clearly share. You SHOULD have gone on the carosel. In 2009 in London at the zoo my son (then 12) wanted to ride the carosel. When I said sure my (then 14) daughter said he was too old. He and I got on anyway. Before it started she couldn’t resist and hopped on too. Love remembering that.
Carolina HeartStrings recently posted..HAPPY 100th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TO MY NAUNIE & POP-POP

22 Kiran November 16, 2011 at 10:45 PM

CHS,
Thanks a lot for sharing the wonderful experience you and the family had in London – very loving and it reminds me of the bond we share with our family too :) I can’t get on roller coasters or carousel – I have VERTIGO issues :)