The first half of 2009 has surpassed without any warning. Time flies huh? I guess it’s time to revisit the ol’ new year resolutions I’d made. Why did I had to? Why? Anyways..
1) Develop a new skill or revisit an old one. I’ve started a small cross-stitching project. Nothing huge, just to rekindle the memories of old school handicraft classes that I took back then. I would take on knitting projects in future. For that, I need to Google.
2) Get fit or develop a healthy diet. I am back on the treadmill and so is Tarun. Whilst grocery shopping, we’ve also developed a habit of reading nutrition labels. It is important to know what and how much goes into food preparation rather than assuming. Prevention is always better than cure my friends.
3) Get more organized - virtually. My laptop is such a let-down these days. But it has stayed on with me, through thick and thin. I have since backed up, deleted and did some housekeeping. But the performance is not at par. Despite all this, we still went ahead with our domain name registration and self-hosting. Adventurous, I must say.
4) Spend more time with friends. I’ve been to a couple of dinners and catching-up sessions with friends. I foresee more gathering’s in future. Cheers to that!
5) Catch up on reading. I was introduced to Sophie Kinsella’s Shopholic series and I am hooked! I am currently reading Undomestic Goddess. And yes, Sophie wrote it.
6) Begin a home improvement project. Does interior decorating counts? I have no background or experience but I must say the transformation is not all that bad. Before and after photos are coming up later.
7) Get more involved in community and charity. We are involved in a charity for the Disabled American Veteran’s. And back in India, we are consistently donating food supplies to the less fortune’s.
Blog often. It’s an ongoing process. Now that we have our website to manage, people might view it more of an obligation to blog. But for me, blogging should be more about being responsible, expressive and less about obligation. Freedom of speech in writing, who am I to object it?
9) Begin a personal project. I am into photography these days. Nikon D60 is my new toy.
10) Meet and greet neighbors often. It’s an ongoing process. There are a couple of neighbors just moved into their new home. Giving them time to settle into their new environment. Welcome to the neighborhood
So, tell me. Any progress with your new year resolution?
On a separate topic, we are expecting some major changes in our lives, and I have been preparing and researching so much about it. There have been several and on-going soul-searching sessions between me and Tarun before decision making. I am sure some of your curiosity thermometer is peaking at the highest of reading. I can’t reveal something that is undecided at the moment. Not even a gist. Sigh.