Site Meter

Grand Canyon

by Kiran on September 20, 2012 · 16 comments

in Travels

Hello there!

Can’t believe it’s almost officially fall next week. I wish we could bottle up summer.

At least in a form of a blog post. Here it goes!

There’s a definite beauty that surrounds our universe — often indescribable. We found one of them in Grand Canyon. It literally blew our minds and I hope these photos depicts our feelings that day — a surreal one for sure.

We were at the South Rim.

Sitting on a ledge for a photo was definitely risky. I’m nauseous just gazing at this photo.

At one point, we met a couple who just returned from hiking a mile into the canyons. Mind-boggling. Dangerous. Treacherous. Adventurous.

None of the noun describes me.

“The Grand Canyon fills me with awe. It is beyond comparison—beyond description; absolutely unparalleled throughout the wide world.” — Theodore Roosevelt

Some tips when traveling to the Grand Canyon:

Take South rim. It’s much more accessible all year round than North rim.

Park your car and take the shuttle bus service up to the canyon.

Wear comfy shoes, clothes, bring a hat, water bottles and a camera.

Watch your step — don’t go too close to the ledge just for a photo.

One of many beautiful sunsets we’ve ever came across. I didn’t want to leave. Well, not until it was all over.

Who knows where life would lead us next. Wait and watch out for the next adventure ;)

Have you been to the Grand Canyon? Or any one of the 7 natural wonders of the world? What would you miss more in summer and looking forward too in fall?

I would miss summer produce and definitely looking forward to cooler temperatures with a pumpkin spice latte in tow. There’s a silver lining in every situation :)

1 Angela September 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Uuuuuuhhhhhgg…yeah, kind of makes my stomach spin, too. Not a big fan of heights, but the photos are lovely!
Angela recently posted..Harvest Dinner Pairings, with HandCraft Wines

2 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Angela — thank you, and I’m afraid of heights too :)

3 Erica September 22, 2012 at 2:18 AM

oh my gosh! Beautiful pictures. I’ve never been.

4 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Erica — thanks for visiting :)

5 Helene Dsouza I Masala Herb September 22, 2012 at 8:36 AM

wow Kiran, I heard legend of the canyon, I have never been there, in general the US is a alien world to me. Your photos captured my full attention. I cant stop looking at the endless canyon landscape and the color layers nature formed over 100 thousand of years. I hope I ll get the chance to visit this place in the future, something like that needs to be in the bucket list.

haha the bollywood dance in the grand canyon. u should have made a video! ;)

6 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Helene — I’m regretting not shooting a video too :(

7 Darry Junior September 23, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Hi Kiran, you are very brave that, you have taken a photo on a ledge. Really it was very risky i think so. But your travel at grand canyon is also very knowledgeable to us. Thanks.
Darry Junior recently posted..maxworkoutsreviewed.net

8 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Darry — awww, thanks for the concern but it was not dangerous at all :)

9 Nava Krishnan September 24, 2012 at 7:55 AM

I heard so much on Grand Canyon from my friends who have been here before. Strange some of them did not appreciate what the saw while others had plenty of interesting sharing to do with you. Your pics and review confirms that I will want to head to Grand Canyon because I love nature and yes also the sunset as well as sunrise. Being in such places are the moments in life you feel so good and admire them.
Nava Krishnan recently posted..Pathumwan Princess Hotel (Bangkok) – Part 2

10 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Nava — I think Grand Canyon is so beautiful. It has a very different landscape, one that has to be appreciated by all :)

11 Mehrunnisa December 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Kiran. Are you still in AZ? I have lots of recommendations as I lived there for a bit. The dessert sunsets are truly spectacular. And have you been to Sedona and Prescott yet?

12 Lekhni March 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM

It’s true that the South Rim is more accessible, but it’s also too crowded. If you want to really enjoy the Canyon, you have to see the North Rim. Stay in those cabins right on the slope of the Canyon, enjoy a cup of tea / coffee in the morning as you sit and watch the sun rise over the Canyon (on proper chairs, no ledges required). And on the way, stop at a little place called Page, AZ and walk into Antelope Canyon. Now that’s something you’ll never forget.
Lekhni recently posted..Why do we still have water scarcity in Indian cities?

13 juicing zucchini July 30, 2014 at 2:32 AM

So bee resourceful furthermore to ingenious in developing your private blends will go a lengthy indicates by your diet plan strategy.
Fried Ice Cream – Scoop, roll and fry the ice cream.
Frankly, wheatgrass juice will never make my top 100 favorite flavors
list.
juicing zucchini recently posted..juicing zucchini

14 best juicing recipes July 30, 2014 at 2:40 AM

Symptoms will continue until your digestive system gdts used tto your new eating habits.
Because iit is filling, it is more difficult tto consume as
many nutrients as you are receiving froim juicing.

The variety keeps juicing fresh and maintains your nutritional intake.
best juicing recipes recently posted..best juicing recipes

15 Katherina July 30, 2014 at 2:49 AM

Juicing can be expensive- if you’re making a few whewat shots a day as wll as larger fruit and
vegetabl juices, expect your grocery bill to pile up.
I have tested ouut some of thhe cheap wheatgrass juicer machines on the
market for under $100 and i can say, thy are not worth it.
It is believed that the unique anti oxidant enxymes present in yams are responsible
the increased cognitive response.
Katherina recently posted..Katherina