Site Meter

Grand Canyon

by Kiran on September 20, 2012 · 19 comments

in Travels

Hello there!

Can’t believe it’s almost officially fall next week. I wish we could bottle up summer.

At least in a form of a blog post. Here it goes!

There’s a definite beauty that surrounds our universe — often indescribable. We found one of them in Grand Canyon. It literally blew our minds and I hope these photos depicts our feelings that day — a surreal one for sure.

We were at the South Rim.

Sitting on a ledge for a photo was definitely risky. I’m nauseous just gazing at this photo.

At one point, we met a couple who just returned from hiking a mile into the canyons. Mind-boggling. Dangerous. Treacherous. Adventurous.

None of the noun describes me.

“The Grand Canyon fills me with awe. It is beyond comparison—beyond description; absolutely unparalleled throughout the wide world.” — Theodore Roosevelt

Some tips when traveling to the Grand Canyon:

Take South rim. It’s much more accessible all year round than North rim.

Park your car and take the shuttle bus service up to the canyon.

Wear comfy shoes, clothes, bring a hat, water bottles and a camera.

Watch your step — don’t go too close to the ledge just for a photo.

One of many beautiful sunsets we’ve ever came across. I didn’t want to leave. Well, not until it was all over.

Who knows where life would lead us next. Wait and watch out for the next adventure ;)

Have you been to the Grand Canyon? Or any one of the 7 natural wonders of the world? What would you miss more in summer and looking forward too in fall?

I would miss summer produce and definitely looking forward to cooler temperatures with a pumpkin spice latte in tow. There’s a silver lining in every situation :)

1 Angela September 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Uuuuuuhhhhhgg…yeah, kind of makes my stomach spin, too. Not a big fan of heights, but the photos are lovely!
Angela recently posted..Harvest Dinner Pairings, with HandCraft Wines

2 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Angela — thank you, and I’m afraid of heights too :)

3 Erica September 22, 2012 at 2:18 AM

oh my gosh! Beautiful pictures. I’ve never been.

4 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Erica — thanks for visiting :)

5 Helene Dsouza I Masala Herb September 22, 2012 at 8:36 AM

wow Kiran, I heard legend of the canyon, I have never been there, in general the US is a alien world to me. Your photos captured my full attention. I cant stop looking at the endless canyon landscape and the color layers nature formed over 100 thousand of years. I hope I ll get the chance to visit this place in the future, something like that needs to be in the bucket list.

haha the bollywood dance in the grand canyon. u should have made a video! ;)

6 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Helene — I’m regretting not shooting a video too :(

7 Darry Junior September 23, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Hi Kiran, you are very brave that, you have taken a photo on a ledge. Really it was very risky i think so. But your travel at grand canyon is also very knowledgeable to us. Thanks.
Darry Junior recently posted..maxworkoutsreviewed.net

8 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Darry — awww, thanks for the concern but it was not dangerous at all :)

9 Nava Krishnan September 24, 2012 at 7:55 AM

I heard so much on Grand Canyon from my friends who have been here before. Strange some of them did not appreciate what the saw while others had plenty of interesting sharing to do with you. Your pics and review confirms that I will want to head to Grand Canyon because I love nature and yes also the sunset as well as sunrise. Being in such places are the moments in life you feel so good and admire them.
Nava Krishnan recently posted..Pathumwan Princess Hotel (Bangkok) – Part 2

10 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Nava — I think Grand Canyon is so beautiful. It has a very different landscape, one that has to be appreciated by all :)

11 Mehrunnisa December 5, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Kiran. Are you still in AZ? I have lots of recommendations as I lived there for a bit. The dessert sunsets are truly spectacular. And have you been to Sedona and Prescott yet?

12 Lekhni March 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM

It’s true that the South Rim is more accessible, but it’s also too crowded. If you want to really enjoy the Canyon, you have to see the North Rim. Stay in those cabins right on the slope of the Canyon, enjoy a cup of tea / coffee in the morning as you sit and watch the sun rise over the Canyon (on proper chairs, no ledges required). And on the way, stop at a little place called Page, AZ and walk into Antelope Canyon. Now that’s something you’ll never forget.
Lekhni recently posted..Why do we still have water scarcity in Indian cities?

13 juicing storage August 4, 2014 at 5:34 AM

In a matter of days he was calling the whole family and touting the benefits
of his new fresh juice routine. I have tested out some of the cheap
wheatgrass juicerr machines on tthe market for under
$100 andd i can say, they are not worth it. This is because,
with the fiber removed, nutrients cann be easily annd quickly absorbed
into the bloodstream without going through the process of digestion.
juicing storage recently posted..juicing storage

14 juicing powder August 4, 2014 at 5:51 AM

Juicing with an abundance of citus fruits and vegetables can help you conquer this.
I have tested out some of the cheap wheatgrass juicer machines on thee market for under $100 and i
can say, they are not worth it. The variety keeps juicing fresh and maintains your
nutritional intake.
juicing powder recently posted..juicing powder

15 juicing for diabetes August 5, 2014 at 9:55 AM

So be resourceful furthermore to ingenious iin developing your private blends will go a lengthy indicates by
your diet plan strategy. Actually, vegetables have ffar more benefits
than just vitamins. It can be a beneficial part of your weight loss plan as well.
juicing for diabetes recently posted..juicing for diabetes

16 juicing made easy August 5, 2014 at 11:37 AM

So be resourceful furtheremore to ingenious in developing your private blends will go a lenngthy indicates by your diet plan strategy.
People begin jucing – adding freshly juiced fruits and
vegetables to ther diet – forr a vast range of reasons.
It is believed that the unnique anti oxidant enzymes present in yams arre responsible
the increased cognitive response.
juicing made easy recently posted..juicing made easy

17 Juicing Pros And Cons August 5, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Juicing ccan bee expensive- if you’re makin a few wheat shots a day as well ass larger fruit and vegetable juices, expect
your grocery bilpl to pile up. Actually, vegetables have far more benefits than juat vitamins.

It will aoso leave aas much of the natural nutrients intact as possible,giving you the most healthy juice to drink.
Juicing Pros And Cons recently posted..Juicing Pros And Cons

18 home decorating accessories September 2, 2014 at 5:01 AM

Remarkable things here. I am very happy to look your post.
Thanks so much and I am looking forward to touch you.
Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?
home decorating accessories recently posted..home decorating accessories