Site Meter

Los Angeles

by Kiran on August 29, 2012 · 26 comments

in Travels

Hi.

Remember me?

Ok, I admit it’s my fault for being a slacker here. There’s no excuse and I refuse to say sorry yet again. What I am excited to share is our recent road-trip to Los Angeles.

And man, that was one heck of a journey. Come along, let me show you all the sight-seeing we did. Well, almost.

The infamous signage at Beverly Hills. Remember 90210? :)

Rodeo Dr is lined with name brand boutiques. Very classy that equals to pricey!!

And yes, Beverly Hills is scattered with vintage cars.

Santa Monica Pier.

Don’t be fooled by the summery hues in the photos. It was freaking chilly that day!

The infamous Hollywood Walk of Fame at Hollywood Hills.

The view of infamous “Hollywood” signage seen from Hollywood Hills.

Kodak Theatre, where all glamorous and glitz’s of Hollywood gather for awards. It’s a place filled with stench of drugs. I am not kidding. Overall, the experience at Hollywood Hills (walk of fame etc) was so unpleasant.

We miss you, Michael!!!

And that’s about it. I mean, the trip was short and sweet but no short of drama of course. If you followed us on Twitter and Instagram, you’ve probably knew about an accident.

To cut a long story, short.. A lady rear-ended into our 20 day old car. I cried, but most importantly we all survived. Calfornian’s are the most dangerous drivers. Ever.

Don’t tell me its otherwise ;)

—————————————————————–

Have you been to Los Angeles before?

1 S.R.Ayyangar August 29, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Nice photos & hope to visit LA soon having come to California.
S.R.Ayyangar recently posted..Welcome aboard American Airlines

2 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 4:02 PM

SR Ayyangar — thank you and it’s definitely a must visit since you are much closer to LA than I am :)

3 Angela August 29, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Oh dear–so sorry to hear about the accident! I agree with you about Kodak theater and the walk of fame. Not really pleasant.
Angela recently posted..A Week of Boulder County Food Events

4 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Angela — thanks dear, we are fine now :)

5 Susi August 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Wow. I want to go to California but I’m more interested in going to the Napa Valley, San Francisco and see the redwoods. Of course, I would make a bit stop in Hollywood… :)
Susi recently posted..In my neighborhood {Wordless Wednesday}

6 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Susi — it was an impromptu trip. Otherwise, I would prefer Napa, SFO as well. Perhaps next time? :D

7 Bikramjit Singh Mann August 30, 2012 at 7:02 AM

well glad he did not insist of having a pic INSIDE the car.. that would have been tricky, breaking in the window and jumping in the driving seat he he hehe

beautiful pictures :)
Bikramjit Singh Mann recently posted..Contest Time Again (4).. What do you see

8 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Bikram — lol, I wouldn’t recognize “that” guy, ever :D

9 Priyank August 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Nice pics Kiran! For some reason, I’m subscribed only to your food blog. :)
Priyank recently posted..A geeky geographic overview of the Canadian Rockies

10 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Priyank — thanks yaar, and I hope you are now subscribed accordingly :)

11 Reema September 5, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Dent and bump in 20 days old car??? I can understand the heartache! nice pics!

12 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Reema — yup, it was heartbreaking!!!

13 Nami | Just One Cookbook September 6, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Sorry to hear about the accident, but LA people drive crazy!!! Not in the Bay Area, I promise, so come to SF next. ;)

Thanks for sharing pictures from LA – we go there once in a while but I’m not very familiar like my husband. LA was my first destination when I first came to the US. :)
Nami | Just One Cookbook recently posted..Onigiri | Rice Balls おにぎり

14 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Nami — I hope we get to visit SFO soon — and we must meet for sure :)

15 carolinaheartstrings September 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Great post. Glad you two survived your accident. I have been to LA about 26 years ago. Not my favorite place. I did however, love San Diego. Beautiful.
carolinaheartstrings recently posted..MEXICAN PIZZA PIE

16 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

CHS — thanks dear. Thank god for his blessings. My husband has traveled to San Diego and he didn’t like it. Well, I might!

17 Shumaila September 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I have heard about the driving horror stories of LA. Don’t think I can ever drive there! But would love to visit the place. Should be fun!
Shumaila recently posted..September SRC: Cooking from Kitchen Meets Girl

18 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Shumaila — For a visit, it’s a nice place. Not a great place, but 1 visit will do. I can’t wait to visit San Francisco though :)

19 Best Offer India September 10, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Nice Post. thankyou for sharing this.

20 Nava Krishnan September 19, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Beautiful place and lovely pics too. I hope I can do the same, go to the same place and enjoy the moments.

21 Kiran September 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Nava — thanks dear :)

22 ChopinandMysaucepan October 7, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Dear Kiran,

Looks like a nice trip. I can see it’s a chilly day since there are so many people walking on the beach but none in the water LOL.

23 Ameena April 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Sorry about the accident (I realize this post is old) and yes CA drivers are crazy! We have to be, the traffic drives us insane.

The car your hubby took a pic of? It’s in front of that store 24/7. So funny.

24 juicing urban dictionary July 27, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Sticking more to the vegetables is a good idea for aany weight loss plan. If you want to start on a healthy and detoxifying diet sstart juicing.
It can be a beneficial part of your weight loss plan aas well.
juicing urban dictionary recently posted..juicing urban dictionary

25 juicing and detox books July 28, 2014 at 12:00 PM

So be resourceful furthermore to ingenious in developing your private blends will
ggo a lengthy indicates by your diet plan strategy. Because it is filling, it is more dificult
to consume as many nutrients as you are receiving frlm juicing.
This is because, with the fiber removed, nutrients
ccan be easily and quickly absorbed into the bloodstream without going through the process
of digestion.
juicing and detox books recently posted..juicing and detox books