- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 400 gm of chicken, boneless & skinless
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 to 3 fresh red chilies, sliced & seeded
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce*
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1.5 cup of thai basil leaves, loosely packed
- steamed jasmine rice
- fried eggs
- Add garlic and chilies into a large mortar and pestle. Pound until it forms a grainy paste. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add all the sauces. Stir to combine and set aside.
- I didn’t buy minced chicken. So, I just added chicken pieces into a food processor and coarsely pulsed for a few seconds.
- Heat a large wok or non-stick pan on medium. Once heated, add oil and quickly add chili garlic paste.
- Fry until paste is fragrant, between 1 to 2 minutes. Avoid burning this paste. Burnt garlic is ewww.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add minced chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes. Keep stir frying while adding the sauce mix.
- Increase the heat to high and stir fry for 2 more minutes. Add thai basil and stir fry for 20 seconds before removing the wok from heat.
- Serve immediately on a bed of freshly steamed jasmine rice and fried eggs. Enjoy!
*note: adjust seasonings accordingly. each sauces have certain amount of sodium.
Or I’ll just have lunch.
Have you tried Thai basil?