Makes 4 servings
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 lbs shrimps, shelled & deveined
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek (chili sauce)
- 6 scallions, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- 1/2 red & green bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh corn kernels
- 3.5 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Prepare sauce by mixing all the ingredients into a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a huge wok on high heat. In a small bowl, crack two eggs, add a pinch of salt and whisk.
- Once the wok is hot, drizzle in 1 tbsp cooking oil, swirl it around and add beaten eggs. Scramble eggs for a few seconds and remove from wok. Set aside.
- In the same wok, add 2 tbsp cooking oil. Add shrimps, minced garlic and sambal oelek. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped scallions, bell peppers and corn kernels. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes on high heat.
- Throw in cooked brown rice and prepared sauce. Stir-fry until everything is combined.
- Add in scrambled eggs and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil. Stir and remove to serve immediately.
Highlight of my day and this proves how much more I love sharing my recipes with all of you:
Love it when a blog reader cooked my recipe for his date and there’s a 4th date plan in the future!! I’m so proud and happy!!
Have a great day friends and thank you so much for the continued encouragements 🙂
What’s your favorite: rice, brown rice, quinoa etc?