- 1 small head of cauliflower (about 4.5 cups of florets)
- 4 tbps coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp toasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup cooked split yellow lentils
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 + 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth, organic & low sodium
- salt to taste
- garnish: crispy spiced cauliflower florets, watercress, sliced radish & coconut cream.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line two baking sheets with foil. Set aside.
- In a huge bowl, add all ingredients up to garam masala. Toss to combine. Evenly spread spiced cauliflower florets between two baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Add the rest of ingredients (except garnish) into a blender. Throw in cooled roasted cauliflower into the blender and blend soup until smooth. Check for seasonings and add salt, if necessary.
- Return soup into a large saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer before serving, topped with garnish.
What’s your take on food styling workshop?