- 1 lbs frozen edamame in pods
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- some icy cold water
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 whole orange, zest only
- 1/2 tsp fleur de sel or any course salt
optional toppings: 1 tsp toasted black sesame seeds, orange segments
- If you are using frozen edamame, bring a pot of water to boil. Season water with salt and add edamame to simmer for 2 minutes only. With a mesh strainer, remove hot edamame and shock it into an icy cold water bath to retain color and stop the cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a wok on high. Once heated, reduce heat to medium. Swirl in toasted sesame oil. Add garlic, edamame, black pepper and red chili flakes. Stir-fry for a minute before adding orange zest and course salt. Remove from heat immediately to serve, topped with toasted black sesame seeds, orange segments & more coarse salt if needed.
Are you into antiquing? Do you own any antique kitchenware?