- 2 cups of peas, shelled
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 small potato, peeled & diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 whole sprig of mint, leaves only
- 2 cups vegetable stock, low sodium
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
optional: thick coconut cream for garnish
- Heat a deep saucepan on medium. Add 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Once butter melts, add minced shallot and diced potato. Fry for 2 minutes or until shallots are translucent. Do not brown shallots or potato.
- Sprinkle in minced garlic cloves, salt, black pepper and a spring of fresh mint (leaves only). Cook for a minute before adding fresh peas and vegetable stock.
- Cook the soup until stock begins to simmer gently. Remove saucepan from heat, add lemon juice, adjust seasonings and stir to combine.
- With a hand-blender/food processor/regular blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Serve immediately, garnished with a drizzle of coconut cream, mint leaves and fresh steamed peas.
What are your favorite recipes for peas? Do you stick to your grocery budget while shopping?