- 2.5 cups of cooked rice, preferably day old
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup freshly grated coconut
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium. Add cooking oil. Once oil is hot, sprinkle in mustard seeds. Wait for it to sputter, before adding raw cashews, turmeric powder, chopped green chili and curry leaves.
- Stir fry until cashews are lightly browned. Sprinkle in salt and grated coconut. Stir to coat everything evenly.
- Dump in cooked rice and lemon juice. Fry for another minute, remove from heat and serve immediately.
What’s your favorite savory lemon recipes?