Makes about 2 cups
- 3 lemons, zested & juiced
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, cubed
- pinch of salt
- Fill a saucepan with 2 inch of water to act as a double boiler. Heat on medium or until water begins to simmer. Lower heat once water begins to simmer.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in another bowl, large enough to aid cooking over double-boiler.
- Place the bowl over simmering saucepan of water, ensuring the bottom of the bowl isn’t placed directly over simmering hot water. Whisk mixture for about 3 minutes or until lightly pale and ribbony.
- Whisk in butter to melt before adding more.
- Stream in lemon zest and juice with a pinch of salt. Continue whisking for about 2 minutes or until curd thickens ever so slightly.
- Carefully remove bowl away from the double-boiler and continue whisking until curd thickens to desired consistency.
- Strain thickened concoction through a fine mesh sieve. Cool curd to room temperature before refrigeration.
- Serve as desired.
Have a blessed day, friends. And watch out for your trash can. Oddly, it CAN go missing!
Any bizzare incident that you have to share?