- 3 large handfuls of baby kale leaves
- 2 pears, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup fennel, thinly shaved
- 1/4 heaping cup of walnuts
Zesty shallot dressing:
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Add all ingredients for dressing into a small mason jar. Shake until everything combines.
- In a large salad bowl, add kale, pears, pom arils, fennel and walnuts.
- Add enough dressing to the bowl and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Serving suggestion: This salad pairs beautifully with grilled salmon. Try it 🙂
What’s your new year resolutions? Please do share 🙂