- 2 cups water
- 1 small knob of fresh ginger, sliced
- 1/2 tsp whole peppercorns
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1/2 cup coconut flesh
- Heat 2 cups of water. Bring it to a roaring boil. Set the heat to simmer and add sliced ginger. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add whole peppercorns, cinnamon sticks and sugar. Stir and allow to steep for 30 minutes.
- To prepare warm, strain out the whole spices and reheat ginger tea to desired temperature. Add a few slices of coconut flesh in glasses. Top it with coconut water and hot ginger tea. Serve immediately.
- To prepare cold, bring ginger tea to room temperature before refrigeration. In tall glasses, add ice, coconut flesh, top it with coconut water and chilled ginger tea. Serve immediately.
Which would you rather? Winter or Summer?