Makes 2 jam jars worth of hazelnut spread
- 3 cups of raw hazelnuts, unsalted, toasted & skinned
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 whole vanilla bean or 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (entire recipe) OR 1/8 cup for half of this recipe
- Using a high-capacity food processor, cream toasted and skinned warm hazelnuts with melted coconut oil for 10 minutes. Occasionally, stop in between to scrape the sides with a spatula.
- Once hazelnut is completely drippy, add powdered sugar, sea salt, vanilla and pulse to combine.
- Add cacao powder if you want to make a chocolaty version.
- Store in sealed jars, either in a cool cabinet of refrigerator.
- Best consumed within 2 weeks. Stays longer in the fridge.
Have you made nut butters before? What are your favorite ingredients?