- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- zest from 2 whole large lemons (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tsp all purpose flour
- Place rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 325F. Grease and line a large loaf pan with parchment. Set aside.
- Sift flours, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss blueberries with 2 tsp all purpose flour. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream sugar and softened butter on medium low speed, until fluffy (for about 2 minutes).
- Stream in vanilla extract and add one egg at a time, beating for 1 minute after each addition. Scrape the sides of bowl, when necessary.
- With the mixer on low, stream in low-fat buttermilk and lemon zest. Beat for a minute. Mixture will look like it has curdle, but thats okay.
- Add flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Do not over-beat. With a spatula, gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon and level batter into prepared loaf pan. Gently tap the pan to evenly distribute the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. If loaf cake is browning too quickly, tent it with a piece of foil.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for an hour before inverting onto a plate.
- Best enjoyed with a cup of tea or coffee. Unsweetened, of course 😉
What excites you the most, recently?