Makes 24 madeleines
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted & cooled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp orange blossom water
- 1 small blood orange, juiced
- 1 small meyer lemon, zested & juiced
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour/meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
White Chocolate Ganache:
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease madeleine pan. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat melted butter and sugar on medium speed.
- Gradually add 3 eggs and continue beating until liquid is pale and ribbony. It would take about 1 minute.
- Drizzle in orange blossom water, blood orange and meyer lemon juice & zest. Beat to incorporate.
- Sift all the dry ingredients and with the mixer on low, gradually add dry ingredients to incorporate into wet ingredients.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer. With a spatula, scrape batter from the sides & bottom. Do not over-mix.
- With a spoon, evenly fill batter into madeleine pan. Do not fill to the top.
- Bake madeleines for 10 minutes or until the center sets and the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove pan from oven and cool madeleines in the pan for 5 minutes, before removing to cool on cooling rack.
- Meantime, make white chocolate ganache. Heat heavy cream until hot. Pour hot cream over white chocolate chips. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. If need be, microwave for 10 sec intervals until white chocolate is melted through. Do not over-heat.
- Once madeleines are completely cooled, dunk each madeleines into warm white chocolate ganache. Decorate with a sliver of fresh blood orange segments and place it on a cooling rack.
- Serve it up with a side of tea or coffee!
Are you tired of blood oranges and/or meyer lemons already?