Makes 12 muffins
- 1 + 1/4 cup wheat/oat bran
- 1 + 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground all spice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 medium apples, peeled and grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fat-free smooth yogurt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a light coat of non-stick cooking spray on muffin tin(s). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir wet ingredients until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, sift all dry ingredients.
- Gently fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Do not over-stir batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide batter evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing to completely cool on wire racks.
Have a great weekend, friends 🙂
Have you tried bran muffins? Any horrible memories on any dry and mealy baked goods?