Seriously, we are so blessed 😀
On the subject of blessing — mangoes are super sweet this year. Its my favorite stir-fry in summer only because I’m willing to turn the kitchen stove hot just to devour mangoes in a light savory sauce.
This is one dish that’s so versatile. I’ve made it with panfried fish too. So so good!
Lately, I’ve been on a savory-sweet combo kick. Like adding sweet summer fruits into savory salads. Oh, how I’m going to miss summer. Better devour, while it lasts.
I suggest you do it too 😉
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- 4 tsp cooking oil
- 1 very ripe mango, cubed
- 2 small bell peppers, cubed
- 1 small red onion, cubed
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sambal oelek or any chili paste
- 4 tbsp water
- In a bowl, whisk sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick wok on medium-high. In a bowl, mix cubed chicken breast with salt and black pepper. Once wok is hot, add 2 tsp cooking oil and swirl the wok to evenly coat it with oil.
- Layer seasoned chicken breast in the hot wok and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove cooked chicken on a plate. Set aside.
- In the same hot wok, add remaining 2 tsp of cooking oil and sauté bell peppers, red onion, ginger and garlic paste. Saute for 2 minutes or until fragrant and throw in cubed mangoes.
- Add cooked chicken breast and sauce. Heat wok on high and stir fry for 30 seconds or until sauce evenly coats everything.
- Serve hot mango chicken stir-fry with brown rice.
Off to unpack. Arkansas was definitely fun, but we are glad to be home 🙂
What’s your favorite sweet-savory combo recipe? Mine has to be mango chicken and sweet sour fish!