Which is not good at all because I have the tendency of trying to view as much episodes as possible.
This happened to me last night, hence the lateness in blog posting today 😀
Same obsession continues with great book! I find it difficult to put down a good book in the midst of reading. Suspense, drama, action, thriller — i just need to know the next plot in the story-line, and so the flipping continues until the end or when the story-line just doesn’t grab my interest anymore.
The insomniac behavior ensues and I’m left lethargic all day long without much sleep.
But do I learn any lesson and not do it anymore? Nope. I can’t promise when it comes to reading a great book and living vicariously through soap operas.
And now, let’s pray the laptop lasts to help me get through the TV rut 😉
Well, at least some not-so-pristine, wrinkled peaches helped. Which by the way, is taking possession in the refrigerator. There’s a whole new meaning of squatters in my life.
Its August, so why am I serving peach and thyme spritzers? Because rain has been ruling Floridian’s lives for the past 1.5 months. Yes. Summer this year was all about rain and barely sunshine.
I’d take a fresh, peachy and summery spritzer any day, rain or shine! Or just to rid wrinkled squatters out of my refrigerator.
To make syrup:
- 5 small very ripe peaches, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- ice cubes
- chilled sparkling water
- fresh peach
- mint & thyme leaves
- Add chopped peaches, water and sugar into a saucepan. On a medium heat, bring everything to a gentle simmer. With a wooden spoon, mash peaches and stir every now and then until sugar dissolves and syrup thickens. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and a spring of fresh thyme into syrup and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Remove syrup from heat. Drain syrup through a fine mesh strainer to remove as much liquid as possible. Do not discard pulp. Use it in breakfast smoothie or stir into a bowl of oatmeal
- Cool syrup to room temperature before refrigeration.
- To serve: Add a few ice cubes in a glass. Drizzle a heaping tablespoon of cooled peach & thyme syrup and top it with chilled sparkling water. Garnish with fresh peaches, mint and thyme leaves.
Enjoy rest of the week! Grab a good book, catch up on your favorite TV shows, dig through the refrigerator for inspiration and make the most out of summer, while we can
What are you obsessed with the most? A great soap-opera/TV show or book?