I’m super excited and happy today!!
My sister-in-law just gave birth to a sweet baby girl. Can you imagine all the cute dresses that I’m dying to buy in the future? 😀
I cannot wait to adorn her with pink accessories!!!
And what best way than to celebrate it with meyer lemon baked doughnuts?
A pink frosting could have elevated the celebration by adorning this doughnuts. Oh well, better luck next time 😉 Meyer lemon frosting is super yummy too!
Speaking of celebrations, it’s our 6th marriage anniversary today as well!!
I’m seriously rushing for time — so much packing to do before my flight in two days!! Eeepp!! Can’t wait to reunite with the Husband! Keeping this post short & sweet. Off to celebrate 🙂
Adapted from King Arthur Flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 meyer lemon, zest & juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 meyer lemon, juiced & zest
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease doughnut pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Add all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all wet ingredients until foamy.
- Pour all liquid ingredients at once into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Fill batter into doughnut pan, half full.
- Bake doughnuts in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare icing by whisking powdered sugar, meyer lemon juice and zest. Set aside.
- Remove doughnuts from the oven & pan. Allow it to cool on a cooling rack.
- Dip each doughnut into the meyer lemon icing, and leave it to set on cooling rack.
- Serve it up with a cuppa coffee or tea!
Hope you are having a wonderful week!! See you from Arizona this Friday 🙂
Have you baked doughnuts recently? What’s your favorite icing?