Make. It. ASAP.
Did I actually need any more reason or convincing?
Hot chocolate is usually made with warmed milk. That’s one of the most important ingredient. But I just couldn’t fathom drinking mugs of milk.
Just the thought of it makes me gag. Sorry folks.
Promise I won’t hold anymore grudges against milk as soon as I am well.
Alternative? Well, there’s almond/soy/coconut milk. Pick whatever works with your belly.
And dive into the chocolaty goodness.
Just don’t forget to thank me later. Once you are sober from the overdose of this chocolaty deliciousness.
Alright, I’ll stop blabbering, get on with the recipe and my 5th dose of hot chocolate mug of the day.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- 2 cups of almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 2 heaping tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 oz semi-sweet chocolate baking bar
- 1 oz bittersweet (60%) chocolate baking bar
- 2 heaping tbsp freshly brewed coffee
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- whipped cream
- crushed peppermint starlight mints
- mini candy canes
- dusting of cocoa powder
- toasted marshmallows
- Heat milk in a saucepan on medium to low.
- Once milk begin warming up, add cocoa powder. Stir to combine.
- Throw in semi & bitter sweet chocolate bar and whisk till chocolate melts.
- Add coffee and cinnamon powder, whisk to avoid milk from scalding.
- Remove hot chocolate from heat to cool off for a few minutes.
- Serve hot chocolate with toppings as suggested or to your hearts desire.
- Sip and enjoy with your loved ones 🙂
So, ever since I begin taste-tasting many unique and unfamiliar ingredients, I’ve always been surprised with the results. I’ve been liking it so far 🙂 Marshmallows were never consumed before. And if you haven’t, please oh please get some and put it in your mouth. Pronto. You’ll love it.
Next on my list : S’mores 🙂 People seems to rave about it all the time. What’s on your list?