I love how SUMMERS can be so colorful and surprising. From fresh mangoes, to roasted bell peppers, kale and tomatoes – everything tastes so much sweeter, plump and juicy in the SUMMER 🙂 Now, if only I could get my hands on some fresh lavender and put it to good use.
Massaged Kale topped w/ Quinoa and Summer Delights
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2.5 cups of water
- 3 handfuls kale leaves, chopped bite size
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 pieces of roasted bell peppers (store-bought)
- 1 tbsp herb de provence
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey mustard
- a pinch of salt
- Add dressing ingredients in a jar, and shake to combine. Set aside.
- Massage kale with balsamic vinegar for 2-3 minutes. Set aside to “merry” flavors.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Water should be enough to cover quinoa. Throw in quinoa and cook on medium heat between 7-8 minutes. Remove access water (if any), fluff quinoa with a fork, put on a lid and turn off heat to cook off remaining moisture. Click to read more on how to prep quinoa.
- Once quinoa is cool, toss it with mango, tomatoes, bell peppers, herb de provence, kale, salt and dressing.
- Serve room temperature or cold.
I didn’t end it there. This salad was missing something. A little more texture and protein to have it as an entree.
And finally it dawned to me – TOFU! Let me tell you, it was a good decision 🙂
What are your summer meal/ingredient inspirations?