Birthday Breakfast!

by Kiran on April 6, 2011 · 10 comments

in Breakfast/Brunch

This is what I had for breakfast on my birthday today:

Looks like swarms of worms. But that is a delicious bowl of hot vanilla coconut oatmeal, topped with a drizzle of honey, toasted coconut, yummy granola, sunflower and pumpkin seeds for crunch. Holy Yum!

Nothing special for others, but oatmeal’s are by far my favorite breakfast staple. It’s nutritious, filing, tasty and I love the options on toppings. Load em’ up ;)

Some of my favorite oatmeal collections over time:

Pumpkin oatmeal

Green Smoothie Oatmeal

Fluffed Banana Oatmeal Clouds

Oatmeal in a Cantaloupe

Cupcake Oatmeal

Nut Butter Oatmeal

Overnight Oats in a Jar Oatmeal

Other days, you might find me stuffing my face with delicious oatmeal pancakes, topped with honey and delicious granola :)

What’s your Birthday Breakfast staple?

Enjoyed this recipe? Join others and get free email updates!

1 katie April 6, 2011 at 1:51 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE!!!!!!!!

Yay for a Aries like me! I love your birthday breakfast, it looks amazing! I have been known to have ice cream for my birthday breakfast ; ) my birthday is the 15th, I think ice cream will be had!

2 Kiran April 7, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Katie,
Thanks a lot honey! I love Ariens, and yay for us both :) Happy Birthday in advance! I am a sucker for ice creams too!

3 Kristina @ spabettie April 6, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Happy Birthday!! all of your oatmeals look delicious and BEAUTIFUL !!

I don’t think I’ve had a tradition for birthday breakfast since I was a kid – my mom would make (my favorite!) poached eggs, then mash them and shape them into something… a heart, a word… :) now Jason surprises me with some kind of treat late night on the eve of my birthday MONTH!

I hope your day is perfect, and your year filled with love, laughter and successes!
Kristina @ spabettie recently posted..simple spinach smoothie

4 Kiran April 7, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Kristina,
Thanks honey, being in the 30s is not all that bad ;) What a fab tradition you had growing up! I love surprising treats, so long as the treats are SWEET!

5 Adam April 27, 2011 at 9:12 PM

You may be surprised to discover that wholesome, real foods taste good! this is looks yummy, and full of nutrients.

6 Kiran May 7, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Adam,
Welcome to Recipebox. I don’t want to draw wrong conclusions, but my gut says you are here just to plug your promotional website.

7 Charul @ Tadka Masala November 25, 2012 at 3:04 AM

I was here in the search of a soup recipe and look what i found instead. You are April born and not only that your are 6th April born, me too! :) *this smile is an ear to ear one*
Charul @ Tadka Masala recently posted..Garlic Soup Sticks