Lunch Box page

by Kiran on March 14, 2011 · 12 comments

in Lunch Box

Happy Monday!!!

I hope you had a great weekend and a productive, grumpy-free Monday. Just dropped in to update you all about a new page I’ve created. It’s called Lunch Box, where I plan to showcase the Hubby’s lunch box as and when time, lighting and presentation allows ;) If you have any queries on recipes and ingredients pertaining to any images on that page or even lunch box suggestions, leave me a comment. I would be the happiest person on earth if someone else can do the meal planning for me, for a change :D

Have a great day!

What would you include in your typical lunch box? Any tips and suggestions on meal planning?

Enjoyed this recipe? Join others and get free email updates!

1 carolinaheartstrings March 14, 2011 at 1:15 PM

What a great idea. My lunch box is typically leftovers which I love or soupd and a salad for lunch!!! Easy and healthy.

2 Kiran March 17, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Carolina,
Thanks a lot. We love indulging in left-overs too. Especially soups, that had all the time for flavors to mingle :)

3 Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) March 14, 2011 at 2:48 PM

I wish I had someone making me such a pretty lunch box! When you’re working out of the house, it’s so nice to pause your day for a sweet reminder of your loving family. Me… I usually eat a protein bar for lunch. But, hey, a gal can always dream!!!
Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) recently posted..Baking with Dorie- Honey Nut Scones

4 Kiran March 17, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Rivki,
Thanks a lot. May I suggest left-overs? You can recreate an extra batch from dinner for next day lunch in office. That overnight flavor works wonders too :)

5 foodies at home March 14, 2011 at 8:40 PM

What a great idea! I only wish I had someone to pack such a tasty lunch for me! hehe

6 Kiran March 17, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Charisse,
Welcome to Recipebox and thanks for your comment :) You can always cook an extra batch of dinner the night before and have fabulously tasting left-overs for lunch. I love soups, hearty salads and sandwiches for outdoor lunching.

7 sonia March 15, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Wow…a great idea to share recipe of need. I will be looking forward to your page… !

8 Kiran March 17, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Sonia,
Welcome to Recipebox and thanks for your comment :)

9 Sanjeeta kk March 16, 2011 at 3:51 AM

Looking forward to the page! My hubby’s LB is mostly packed with stuffed chapattis with veggies and herbs. Sometimes knead the flour in cooked lentils with greens and make chapattis. He love this handy & healthy treats :)
Sanjeeta kk recently posted..A Few Healthy Salad Recipes in Your Platter to Chill out in Summer!

10 Kiran March 17, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Sanjeeta,
Thank you. Hubby’s favorite is by far stir-fry for his lunch box. Occasionally, I do make stuffed parathas for the Hubby, accompanied with raita or salad. Absolutely delicious, healthy and hearty :)

11 Mary March 16, 2011 at 11:33 AM

I can’t wait to see what you feature here. I’m new to your blog and have been browsing through some of your earlier entries. I so glad I took the time to do that. I really like the food and recipes you feature here. I’ll definitely be back. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings…Mary

12 Kiran March 17, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Mary,
Welcome to Recipebox and thank you for browsing around and finally de-lurking :D So happy you like what is featured here so far. Have a great day as well :)