OK, I would just zoom through 3 recipes we feasted upon yesterday. Ready? Set? Good eats 😀
Bulgur wheat & vermicelli milk pudding
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1/2 cup vermicelli
- 2 cups of water
- 3.5 cups of whole milk
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 3 cardamom pods
- 3 cloves
- a pinch of salt
- Add water and bulgur wheat into medium-high pan. Cover, cook and stir occasionally for 30 minutes or till wheat is slightly soften and water is absorbed.
- Throw in vermicelli and whole milk. Lower heat to simmer and cook by stirring occasionally till wheat and vermicelli is completely cooked and liquid thickens.
- Add in sugar, slitted vanilla pod, cardamom, cloves and a pinch of salt. Simmer till everything is combined, wheat and vermicelli fully absorbed milk.
- Remove from heat, serve either hot or cold garnished with pistachio nuts.
Punjabi chicken with spinach
- 1 pound of skinless chicken, chopped to desired size and patted dry
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
2 black cardamoms
1 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 3 green chillies
- 1 tsp tomato paste
2 small tomatoes, crushed
- 1 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp curry or meat powder
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 3-4 handfuls of spinach, washed & finely blended
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper chicken pieces. Keep aside.
- In a medium-high heat deep skillet, add cooking oil. Once the oil is heated, add bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon and star anise. Fry till fragrant. Do not burn.
- Add onions and fry till golden before adding ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, coriander, chili, curry powder & garam masala. Stir till spices are fragrant. Throw in tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and cook for a few minutes before adding pieces of chicken. Coat chicken with spices, add yogurt and fry till oil separates. If necessary, sprinkle some water, cover and cook chicken on medium-heat for about 30 minutes.
- Once oil separates from masala and chicken is fully cooked, add finely chopped spinach. Cook for a few minutes, uncovered.
- Serve hot with chapatis, rice or naan. Whatever your hearts desire, it would be tasty all round 🙂
Chocolate covered strawberries
Now, to throw in some fun: I want to see how many reader’s are interested in this chocolate covered strawberries recipe? 😉 Go on, ask away!
What are your plans for Valentines’ tonight? We might be grilling, wine and dine with a movie thrown in as a bonus. All at the comfort of our home. Have a great Valentine’s Day :)