I opened the refrigerator and just stared.
Then I saw a sad looking bunch of asparagus, awaiting for a culinary tune up. Well let’s see, what can I do with a bunch of asparagus?
I would suggest devouring it with some homemade soup and crusty bread. Or dress it up a notch by adding a pan fried fish of your choice with a side of wholesome salad. This is begging for salmon if you ask me. Such an elegant side dish where I can easily switch it up into a main course! A perfect date night recipe
What is your favorite date night recipe? Something simple, elegant or better, having the best of both?
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of pecans & sunflower seeds, unsalted
- Add butter in a non stick skillet on a medium low heat temperature.
- Do not brown or burn the butter. Throw in garlic and red pepper flakes. Stir till fragrant.
- Add asparagus, increase to medium high heat and saute for 1 minute.
- Squeeze some lemon juice and a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle in some chopped nuts and remove to serve immediately.