I am currently traveling, please excuse the lack of step-by-step photos. Don’t be shy to ask away your doubts or questions in the comment section.
A steamy hot bowl of delicious and ridiculously simple recipe – what more can you ask for? Savor it with some crusty bread on the side. Oh, not just on the side. Dunk it into a steamy pot of curried pumpkin and swoon! Thank me later 😀
What is your favorite pumpkin recipes? Feel free to share links in the comment section 🙂
- 1/2 a medium-sized pumpkin, peeled and cubed to an inch. Steam/bake to soften a little.
- 1/2 cup of chopped red onion
- 1 medium crushed tomato or 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp of spice seeds consisting of cumin and cloves
- 1 small stick of cinnamon bark or 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tbsp of curry powder
- 1 green chile
- dash of salt and pepper for taste
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, for garnish
- Add cooking oil in a heavy saucepan on medium heat. Wait for oil to heat before adding spice seeds.
- Throw in chopped onions and fry till caramelize. This would take about 5 minutes.
- Add cubed pumpkin, bay leaf, cinnamon bark/powder and nutmeg.
- Stir in crushed tomato, turmeric, curry powder, salt, pepper and chilies. Cook till fragrant.
- Add water and cover to simmer for 20 minutes or until pumpkin is fully cooked through and tender.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it up with some crusty bread.