Site Meter

Silent night, holy night

by Kiran on December 24, 2008 · 13 comments

in Celebration, Family & Friends

…. All is calm, all is bright
Round yon virgin mother and child
Holy infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace.. Sleep in heavenly peace…

Silent night, holy night
Shepherds quake at the sigh
Glories stream from heave afar
Heaven hosts sing Alleluia
Christ, the Savior is born…Christ, the Savior is born…

Silent night, holy night
Son of God, love’s pure light
Radiant beams from Thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth…Jesus, Lord at Thy birth…”

My all time favorite Christmas carol :) While growing up, I was introduced to Christianity by dad. Daddy studied in all English school during British invasion here in Malaysia. He read the bible, and we attend caroling, cooking and choir lessons at the local church. Those were the fun days. I would anxiously wait for Sunday masses. Sigh! Childhood has come and go, but memories are as strong as before :) Looking forward to a joyful, harmonious, safe and happy Christmas. May all your dreams come true, including having extra left-overs as to avoid bustling in kitchen while ushering 2009 ;) Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy New Year to all of C h a t t e r B o x’s fellow readers and blog buddies :) Please exercise caution you guys, especially while traveling during this holiday season. Bidding adieu with some delectable snaps taken during my recent visit to one of the local shopping centers here in Florida.

Love,

Kiran Tarun Srivastava

1 amreekandesi December 24, 2008 at 11:34 AM

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Kiran, and other readers!

So you live in Florida? That must be fun. I used to live there till some years ago.

me: Merry Xmas and Happy 2009 Atul. Yes, it’s fun here in Florida. Where were you in Florida before?

2 Arpit December 24, 2008 at 1:28 PM

“chatter box”………..the name surely says it all :P
i believe i am visiting your blog for the first time but surprisingly i found it soothing and refreshing. and thanks for the carol……added to the christmas feel
hope to visit your blog again :P

me: Welcome Arpit and Thank You for visiting Chatterbox! I am trying my level best to live up to my Chatterbox vision, and I am happy you find it to your liking :) Do visit us again!

3 Reema December 24, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Merry Christmas to u too!

me: Thanks Reema, hv a wonderful Christmas and 2009!

4 Kiran December 28, 2008 at 10:58 AM

@Sakhi, Amit, Lvs & Sulz

Merry Christmas and Happy 2009! Have fun and be safe friends :)

5 museditions December 24, 2008 at 5:41 PM

Isn’t it wonderful to be multicultural? Very happy holidays to both of you, and thank you for the reminders and cautions. It’s good to be very aware at this time of year. :D

me: You bet! Our Christmas and New Year well wishes to you and your family Muse, have fun! :D

6 vishesh unni raghunathan December 24, 2008 at 10:33 PM

ho ho ho,merry christmas :)

me: Same to you & thank you! Santa, where is our gift? ;) Have fun!

7 sulochanosho December 24, 2008 at 11:24 PM

May the silent holy night with all might, the Almighty, take over the violent acts of nights that are rampant on our earth so that we may breathe clean air and peace.

me: Welcome Sulochan and Thank You for visiting Chatterbox! Merry Christmas and Happy 2009 to you and your loved ones! Have fun and be safe :)

8 Sakhi December 25, 2008 at 12:27 AM

Merry christmas to you!! :) :)

I love decorated christmas trees (Faux, not real!!), they look soooo good! :)

9 Amit December 25, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Merry Christmas to you too!!! Enjoy!!

10 dinu December 25, 2008 at 11:56 AM

Merry Christmas

me: Welcome Dinu and Thank You for visiting Chatterbox! Merry Christmas and Happy 2009 to you and your love ones, be safe :) Do return for more Chat’s!

11 lvs December 26, 2008 at 1:05 AM

Merry Christmas….hohoho….i like London bridge

12 sulz December 26, 2008 at 9:18 AM

happy christmas kiran. :)

13 arvind January 4, 2009 at 3:10 AM

I am very vert late here :(
hope u had a great christmas

me: Better late than never! Thanks for the wishes Arvind, hope you had a blast as well :)